Monday, February 7, 2011

Superpower

"He's close...I can smell his stench" I murmured to myself with my nose pressed against the cold, wet paved streets, my paws long numb from the icy downpour. I had been chasing a robber through the city after I happened across him breaking into a nearby jewelery store. I had been going in circles for the past few minuites when it finally dawned on me "He's on the rooftops!". I jumped from the ground and spread my wings screaching in frustration for my ignorance of this criminals cleverness. I immediately spotted him with my sharp hawk eye's and dived down on top of him knocking him down. "I should give him a bit of a scare to shake him up, maybe even get him to surrender without a fight" I thought to my self. I shifted into a large tiger, knowing noone can stand up against a ferocious wild cat. A loud bang sounded atop the rooftops. I never expected him to be carrying a gun... as I recoiled from the shot, barely getting off with a large scrape on my side, I took to the sky again to avoid his shots. I decided to end this quickly. I climbed high above his sight in preperation for my dive, as i plummeted down toward this man fumbling atop that roof I quickly shifted my sight towards his weapon, new determination to merely unarm him, instead of attacking him directly. With his weapon now out of reach I faced him, fear and astonishment clouding his eyes as he looked upon me, unable to comprehend my shapeshifting abilities, he colapsed. As I left the man with the authorities I once again began to wonder why i came by these abilities, and what kind of future these powers lead me to live...maybe i'm already living it.

No comments:

Post a Comment