Monday, February 28, 2011

21st Century Education

The most important skills that I will need after I have graduated from high school is the knowledge required to be able to solve problems in any kind of environment and to think of multiple working solutions, as well as to communicate these problems if they are beyond your current knowledge level. With these skills, post-high school life with come more easily as any problem presented to you can be worked out calmly and correctly. I believe that we are developing the ability to solve many numbers of problems, but only for predetermined problems that are simple and straightforward and have only one correct answer with no consequences if you have answered incorrectly. The perfect school, in my mind, would prepare you for any number of problems you may or may not encounter that can come from any situation with multiple directions in which to solve said problem and also give boundaries and limitations on how one can solve it, in imitation to the real world. If schools could find a way to successfully teach this to its students then more people with the knowledge and skills to get things done properly and efficiently would increase exponentially. In my next year, after I have graduated, I plan to move on to post-secondary education as quickly as possible so as to discover what profession I would like to strive towards. I am hoping to, and most likely will, study at the Okanagan Collage here in Penticton for at least two years, and then once I have figured out what it is I wish to do I will go to a University to get a stronger education on that specific subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment